Thursday, October 31, 2013

Day 31


As I think back on the month that will come to an end in just a few short hours, I must admit I am a bit sad. There is always much anticipation about October for me. Because it is Breast Cancer Awareness month, I know it is an opportunity-an opportunity to remember where I have been and to build my altar to God in thanksgiving. I think the anticipation is mostly about doing those two things well.

It all started with a game time decision to join the rest of the 31 Dayers and write consistently for 31 days about how truly blessed I am by the “pink” in my life. As I kept a watchful eye for the pink around me, I found myself in awe of God's whispers and leading through each day. Then with the help of a friend who asked a simple question, another dream was realized and the idea of the “Think Pink” Run/Walk took shape. Through that event, I got to experience the love and generosity of so many as they filled the pink boxes with donations for care packages going to women facing breast cancer surgery.

After walking through another October, my heart is definitely full. I am so grateful for all that followed along, helped me to think pink and cheered me on as I built my altar. I look forward to returning to this place again next year.

A few other photo highlights from the month:
{My husband and I got to have a mini vacation, just the two of us, to St. Augustine, FL which is where we first met in 2001.}
{Our family enjoyed a beautiful fall day at Councell Farms on the Eastern Shore with some dear friends.}
{Our big boy kindergartner lost his first tooth and scored his first goals in soccer.}

{While celebrating the birthday of one of our sweet little buddies, Princess Tinkerbell got to take her first horseback ride.}
{We enjoyed another Halloween with all of our neighborhood friends}
{These are the newest addition to our kits for women facing Breast Cancer Surgery-notecards designed by an extremely sweet and talented friend who is in the midst of Breast Cancer treatment herself. I received them in the mail today, the 31st. Coincidence? Not a chance.}

No comments:

Post a Comment