Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter


There is a common question I hear when meeting people that have heard my story, “Do they think the cancer is gone?” The only response I know to give is what my oncologist has told me that the surgery removed all the known cancer from my body and the chemo was the insurance policy that killed off any stray cancer cells.  It sounds like a pretty promising answer and one I am continually grateful to give.  Although there is always the potential for the cancer to return (a fact I must constantly give over in prayer), I feel as though I have been healed.  As David says in Psalm 30: 2 “ O Lord my God I cried out to You, and You have healed me. O Lord, You have brought my soul up from the grave; You have kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit.”  He has preserved my life and with that I have a deeper understanding of His purpose for me.  He has given me greater understanding of my purposes as a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister, a friend, and a physical therapist.  But even more, I understand my purpose as a child of God who stands in complete awe of His Lovingkindness.  I am always striving to better prepare myself to focus on the magnitude of what Easter means.  I realize that the last 8 months have been my preparation.  Just as He rescued me from physical death during this cancer journey, his death on the cross and resurrection were my rescue from eternal death.  What a blessed Easter day this has been! 

No comments:

Post a Comment