Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A Bend in the Road



"I bear willing witness that I owe more to the fire, and the hammer, and the file, than to anything else in the Lord's workshop. I sometimes question whether I have learned anything except through the rod. When my schoolroom is darkened, I see most"  -Charles Spurgeon

I have added When Your World Falls Apart by David Jeremiah to my times with the Lord. This book was one that Blake bought after I was first diagnosed, and during those first few dark nights, he would read it to me in bed as I fell asleep. I have been wanting to get back to it and spend some time with it when my mind is fresh (this is the early morning for me). David Jeremiah uses his own personal cancer story and ten well-loved Psalms to provide perspective on our "bends in the road" or "disruptive moments" as he refers to them. I am so excited to study these Psalms and see what the Lord still has to show me as I finish up with Chemotherapy and go into the last phases of the reconstruction process. My last Chemotherapy treatment is one week from today, and my next surgery is tentatively scheduled for Wednesday, February 22nd. 

I would love to just share David Jeremiah's 5 Principles to Remember when you come to a "bend in the road" because they so appropriately relate to all that I have experienced since my journey began:

1. Disruptive Moments Are Often Divine Appointments (I couldn't help but think of the title of my very first journal entry.)

2. Progress Without Pain Is Usually Not Possible

3. The Promise of God Is The Provision of Grace

4. Disruptive Moments Produce Dynamic Growth

5. What We Receive from Disruptive Moments Depends on How We Respond 

No comments:

Post a Comment