Saturday, October 29, 2011

Deeply Rutted Paths


As I have mentioned before I like to try to start my day or at least spend some portion of it reading a devotional entitled Jesus Calling by Sarah Young.  On Thursday, I read something that I cannot seem to get out of my head. It spoke about how we can lose our conscious awareness of how we are going through life. I love the quote (written as if Jesus is speaking) "I will not leave you circling in deeply rutted paths. Instead, I will lead you along fresh trails of adventure, revealing to you things you did not know." Wow! Before I began this journey, we were literally circling in deeply rutted paths.  Blake and I have said it many times that before this journey began, we were stuck. We were experiencing an extremely blessed life in that our jobs were stable, our family was healthy, and we were without any major worries. But we were also talking less and our faith was becoming a bit stagnant. This is what I love about our God! He wanted to lead us along a fresh trail of adventure. There are so many steps along my journey that have been without a doubt ordered by God to reveal things to us that we did not know.  

No comments:

Post a Comment