Monday, November 28, 2011

God's Intimate Concern


It continues to amaze me how the words of my devotional in Jesus Calling and my reading in The Land Between seem to echo each other as if there is a very specific message that I need to hear. The scripture reading in the devotional was one that I have come to love, Ephesians 3:17-18 "And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ."  Then the chapter I read in The Land Between was about all about God's Provision. I love this quote, "God loves to provide for us-providing is what He does. And he does it with intimate knowledge of who we are and what we need."

This message could not have come at a more appropriate time. Despite enjoying a beautiful Thanksgiving weekend at Bethany Beach with my family, I was fretting about the week ahead. Today I was scheduled with the Plastic Surgeon for another injection in the expanders which always leads to some increased discomfort. Tomorrow I need to have bloodwork followed by an appointment with the Oncologist. Then this Wednesday at 8 am begins the dreaded few days of nausea and fatigue that comes with my chemotherapy treatments. However, as I was reminded this morning, God provides. And not only does He provide but He provides out of His extremely wide, long, high and deep love for me. He has provided with people to help care for me and my kids this week. He has provided with a knowledgeable physical therapist to help give me relief after my expansion and talk through some of my concerns regarding the expansion process and my next surgery. He has provided with a phone call from my Nurse Navigator to let us know that an organization would like to provide Christmas gifts for our kids this year. Most of all, He has provided with His Word that continues to keep my heart encouraged. 

No comments:

Post a Comment