Sunday, March 10, 2013

Day 4: Waimea



Waimea Bay has been one of my favorite beach spots since Blake first brought me 11 years ago. Obviously, the North Shore is known for the surfing and today was a perfect example of why. I realize they get bigger than what we saw, but the waves at Waimea today were some of the biggest I have ever seen. 


Although we had already taken the drive up the North Shore the other day, Blake was not with us. Besides that drive along Kamehameha Highway never gets old to me. We had to hit Haleiwa and Matsumoto's again for shaved ice. The kids enjoyed trying different flavors but weren't ready to try the Azuki bean surprise in the bottom of the cup like their daddy. 




On the way home we stopped by Laie to see and play in Po Po's preschool classroom. It was another amazing day with family and visiting with Blake's friend, Scott and his kids for dinner.



                                                               
One of the reasons I love Hawaii so much is because there are always new things to experience. I went for a run in the afternoon and on my way back, I was met by one of the neighbor's pet, Boar. Apparently, she is known as “Big Mama”, and I see why. Another first for today was eating Haupia Cream pie from Ted's Bakery in Sunset Beach. Wow that was absolutely delightful! So now Ted's is on the list of must haves from the North Shore too.

No comments:

Post a Comment