Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Body of Christ


As the news began to sink in, I realized that I wanted my closest girlfriends to know so that they too could begin to pray.  Not only did they start faithfully praying but the e-mails and texts filled with scripture came pouring in. (By the way, I cherish each and every verse/poem/excerpt that is sent my way.)  Then our friends showed up at our house that night and prayed for us. We prayed that "there would be nothing to put a needle into". We prayed for the doctors that would be providing my treatment. We prayed that this trial would deepen our marriage. We prayed that the kids would be protected from the emotion of it all. We prayed for clarity for Mom and Dad to know if they should go to El Salvador. And these are just a few of the things we prayed for.

No comments:

Post a Comment