Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Divine Appointment

My mammogram/sonogram was scheduled for 8:30 am and I left the house with plenty of time to get to AAMC.  Blake would be leaving the house shortly after me for work so my mom was coming to watch the kids. But of course when living in Arnold and dealing with the Severn River Bridge, you can never leave enough time.  So I was a few minutes late for my appointment.  I was called back by a sweet lady named, Pamela (you will likely see that I am big on names) who did the mammogram. When she was finished, she took me back out to the area where I would wait for my Sonogram. While I was waiting I ran into one of my mom's dear friends, Trish and we started catching up. 

Our conversation was cut short when the sonogram techs, Jennifer and Amy came to get me. Between the extent of the sonogram and the faces of the techs and Dr. Pack (the radiologist that was there that day), I had a feeling I was about to hear some bad news.  They told me there are 3 nodules (the lump that I can feel as well as 2 others that I cannot feel) and one lymph node that is borderline abnormal.  I would need a Needle Biopsy to 3 areas as soon as possible and they fully expected the biopsy results would be abnormal.  

I went by myself to this appointment thinking I had a little cyst in my breast because I had been drinking too much coffee lately (I had heard caffeine can contribute to cysts of the breast).  The ladies that told me the news realized that I was by myself and asked what I needed in that moment.  There was a lot going through my mind but I knew I needed a hug and I needed to pray.  And then I thought of Trish. By this time I had been in the sonogram room for quite a while and didn't think there would be any way she was still there.  But of course, God knows what we need when we need it.  Trish volunteers at the Breast Center every Tuesday morning and she was still there!  They brought me into a room where she stood with her arms wide open. She prayed for me and helped me get in touch with Blake. She also had the very special purpose of driving me home to tell my mom the news. 

No comments:

Post a Comment