Thursday, July 28, 2011

A Prayer Answered

The following is an e-mail that I sent out to friends/family on the day of my biopsy. 

Hey Faithful Friends,
I just wanted to write a quick e-mail to give you an update about today's procedure and to let you know that we are so incredibly grateful for your friendship.  The last two days have been a lot easier than one would anticipate given the circumstances and that is because of you all!  From the texts/phone calls/emails to the offers to help with our kids to the spontaneous prayer gathering last night, I feel overwhelmed by your love and God's love through you.  And all the scripture you have been sending have been showers of encouragement-that is the best way I can describe it.  

The biopsy procedure this morning went really well.  I was with the ultrasound tech, Jennifer and the Radiologist, Dr. Sarina for most of the time, both of whom were great! Everyone at the Breast Center is awesome but Dr. Sarina was different than the radiologist I had on Tuesday.  Her warmth toward my mom and me was what I needed for today.  She is also the one that will call with results if she receives them prior to our appt with the Breast Surgeon tomorrow at 1:30 pm.  As far as the procedure itself, they intended to take samples from three different locations (2 of the nodules and one lymph node that they thought was questionable); however, it ended up that they had difficulty isolating the lymph node enough to take a safe sampling.  I felt like it was a prayer answered since they seemed to have difficulty even locating the one they wanted to test with the ultrasound. So now we wait for results and for the next step.  Of course, I would ask for continued prayer for us as we meet Dr. Tafra tomorrow.  We are praying for clarity in the plan of treatment that will allow my parents to easily decide about whether or not to go on their long-awaited trip to El Salvador. 

Thanks again for walking through this with us!  The Body of Christ is an amazing thing to be a part of in times such as these.    
Love,
Kara (and Blake)

No comments:

Post a Comment