Sunday, July 31, 2011

Blessed Assurance


After having some time to process and spend time as a family over the weekend, I decided that I really needed to be in church on Sunday. During the service, Blake and I were surrounded by a few of our closest friends which provided tremendous support.  The sermon was about marriage but it was also the perfect reminder of what Christ suffered on the cross for me.  And if you have ever attended Bay Area Community Church, you know that worship doesn't usually include hymns. The final song we sang was the wonderful hymn, Blessed Assurance by Frances Crosby.  For those of you that have never heard it, I am including the lyrics below:

"Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine! 
Oh, what a foretaste of glory divine! 
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.

Refrain:This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long.

Perfect submission, perfect delight,
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
Angels, descending, bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.

Perfect submission, all is at rest,
I in my Savior am happy and blest,
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love."

Between the support of our friends, the teaching, and the time to worship, I left church feeling completely filled and focused on God's unfailing love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment