Sunday, August 14, 2011

Man Down


One thing that I have grown to love even more over the last few weeks is the way our 3 1/2 year old son, Koa loves to imitate his daddy. We have a saying in our house when someone trips and falls (which is usually Kalea), we say, "Man Down".  It has gotten to the point that Koa will hear Kalea fall from another room and yell "Man Down" exactly on cue.  

The last several days since hearing my surgery date, we have been gathering information about the recovery process.  And from everything I hear, mommy is going to be "Man Down" for quite a while. I am hearing that I will stay in the hospital at least overnight and will have a home health nurse visiting me every day for a week. I am hearing there will be plenty of pain but also (hopefully) plenty of drugs to help with it. I am hearing that sleeping will be difficult, and I can look forward to sleeping in a recliner for a while.  And perhaps the most unpleasant part, I am hearing that I will have drains attached to me for 10 days-2 weeks. I know this period of time will be hard but I also know that it will make me appreciate the good health I have enjoyed up until now and will enjoy in the future all the more. 

I am including a picture of my inspiration for today's post, Kekoa "Koa" Li.  I am so blessed by his sensitive little spirit and I pray that he continues to follow in his daddy's footsteps! 

No comments:

Post a Comment