Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Day 24: Suffering leads to intimacy.

"There is a depth of intimacy with God that can only be known through suffering."
                                           -Laura Story

Suffering takes on many forms. It is supporting your husband through a year and a half of unemployment. It is losing a child because of a tragic accident. It is fighting suicidal thoughts that are a result of bipolar disorder.

For me, it was the unknowns of a cancer diagnosis, losing my hair and the nausea of chemo. 

Whatever it may be now or will be in the future, I know I will only make it through because of my friend, Jesus.



1 comment:

  1. He is our best friend ever in any situation; especially the very difficult ones of life. I don't know how I would do life without him.

    betty

    ReplyDelete