Tuesday, October 1, 2013

31 Days to Think Pink/Day 1


With a flip of the calendar to October, the world around me turns pink and suddenly I am taken back.  I am taken back to a very difficult time in July 2011 when I was 33 years old with two young children and facing the diagnosis and treatment of Breast Cancer.  It was a time that I would never trade because it proved more valuable to me than I could have ever imagined. And for that reason, I have vowed to never forget it.  


It just so happens that Breast Cancer Awareness month coincides with a challenge from The Nester to write for 31 Days on topic of my choice.  Last year I accepted the challenge and wrote about 31 Life Lessons Only Cancer Could Teach.  


It was a game time decision (this morning, in fact) but I would like to accept that challenge once again to use the month of October to "Think Pink" and be reminded of all the gifts that surround me every day. It may be a picture, scripture, a quote, my own thoughts, a story, but my hope and prayer is that it will all relate to "pink".  So please join me on this adventure!  And remember to do your self-breast exam, get that mammogram, or have that concerning symptom checked by a physician. 


Day 1/Intro
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7
Day 8
Day 9
Day 10
Day 11
Day 12
Day 13
Day 14
Day 15
Day 16
Day 17
Day 18
Day 19
Day 20
Day 21
Day 22
Day 23
Day 24
Day 25
Day 26
Day 27
Day 28
Day 29
Day 30
Day 31

1 comment:

  1. woohoo! i was wondering if you were going to join again. soooo glad! xoxo

    ReplyDelete