Sunday, October 27, 2013

Day 27

Once a month on Sundays, we get to spend an hour and a half with about a dozen precious 3 to 5 year olds in the Coral Reef, our church's preschool wing.  It is truly a blessing especially because the staff of our children's ministry does such a great job preparing for each week.  This week the "Bottom Line" for the kids was "I can always count on God?"  As I sat in our large group time listening to fifty preschoolers shout with all their might "Who can I count on?" then quickly answer with "I can count on God!", I felt privileged.  I felt privileged to have the responsibility of reinforcing this idea along with the truth of Deuteronomy 31:6 "Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid...for the Lord your God goes with you." (the same verse I read the morning of my surgery on August 25, 2011, read more HERE

They believe it because a few adults tell them it is so but when does the head knowledge that we can always count on God become heart knowledge?  

For me it helps to remember...to remember where I have been and that God met me there...to count my blessings and give thanks.  This is why 31 Days to Think Pink has been such an amazing experience.  

No comments:

Post a Comment