Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Day 16


“Your eyes are windows into your body. If you open your eyes wide in wonder and belief, your body fills up with light. If you live squinty-eyed in greed and distrust, your body is a dank cellar. If you pull the blinds on your windows, what a dark life you will have! (Matthew 6:22, 23 MSG)

Cancer has a way of stopping you in your tracks. It makes you re-evaluate your life, the decisions you've made in the past and what you are holding onto in the present. What excites me about cancer, yes I did say excites, is how it has allowed me to view the future.

This concept is what Pinked Perspective is all about. While I was walking my journey, I was writing on the CaringBridge website to keep friends and family updated. I discovered that I would experience healing in the writing. It allowed me to put those whispers that I mentioned on Day 11 into words, as well as express my thanks for God's undeniable presence during that time. 

I realized that if I was able to see the Grace in the midst of such things as surgeries and chemotherapy, I would certainly be able to see the Grace in whatever the future holds as long as I am looking with “eyes wide in wonder and belief".

No comments:

Post a Comment